The Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner works closely with local funeral homes to arrange for transport and funeral care for every decedent. State Medical Examiner staff are available to answer questions from families regarding the examination of their loved one. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns.
- ME-2 Embalming Certificate (Computer Ready)
- ME-5 Cremation (Computer Ready)
- ME-8 Body ID (Computer Ready)
- ME-13 Funeral Home Next-of-Kin Authorization for Body Removal (Computer Ready)
- Request for Autopsy Report - Family (Typeable Word Format)
Directions to the IOSME
Please Note: The address displayed in the map should only be used to locate our facility.
This address should not be used as a mailing address.
Click link for Google map: Map